NEWS: ONE OF THE CORPERS TRAPPED IN IMO COLLAPSED BUILDING DIES DAYS AFTER

One of the two corp members who went into coma after being trapped in the collapsed building in Imo state, for eight hours has died.

Chinedu Isiogugu, who is originally from Anambra state, died of cardiac arrest on Monday around 3AM after successful surgery was performed on his damaged two legs. He was 26 years old and his dead brings the casualty figure from the accident to five, after two babies and two adults were reportedly dead on Sunday.

A source at the hospital where he was taken in and died reported that his female counterpart survived and in stable condition.

Source says: -
“We lost the male corps member around 3am on Monday. It was painful because a team of eight medical experts battled for hours to save his life.
“We were happy that the surgery was successful, but he developed cardiac arrest and died moments later.
“The female corps member is getting better, though she is in pains right now. We don’t want to tell her that her colleague is dead because that could worsen her condition.”
 The family of the deceased has taken his remains to his home town for burial and final resting place. Punch ng visited the female survival, Ngozi Oformezie, who also hail from the same state, Anambra,  was reported to be groaning in pains as she cried.

She responded to enquiry about herself;

“I am Ngozi Blessing. I studied Adult Education from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. I am from Anambra State. I am in pains. My legs are killing me. Please don’t go. Help me. Jesus, please save me.”

A source at the hospital told the reporter that, the pains she was feeling were the result of long hours she was trapped in the rubble, adding that she would be fine in due time.

Another survivor, claimed that it was the grace of God he survived the horrific nightmare, Anuruo, a 40 year old native of Imo state,  also confessed that, his wife and six children had left for his father-inlaw's house on the day the building collapsed.

“I will be going to church to specially thank God when I fully recover. All my family members could have perished if they were around that night. Luckily for me, they left for my father-in-law’s house.”

All efforts by Punch ng to reach the state's commissioner of  police, Chris Eze, for comment on the incident were unfruitful.

One more photo after the cut.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ENTERTAINMENT: BEYONCE LOOKING BRIGHTER THAN THE STARS AT THE TIDAL BENEFIT CONCERT IN NEW YORK

FASHION: BLACK MALE MODEL SHOWS OFF HIS godly BODY IN NEW PHOTOS