ENTERTAINMENT: RICHARD MOFE DAMIJO CELEBRATES 1MILLION FOLLOWERS ON IG WITH A HEARTWARMING APPRECIATION NOTE


The life of celebrity is one that comes with a lot of ups and downs, controversies of all sort trails you, some are naturally caused while some are artificially or publicity stunts just to keep you relevant. To attain a height is not an easy journey but remaining in that height for as long as possible is the greatest challenge.

Richard Mofe Damijo is a Nigerian veteran actor and politician. He took to his Instagram page today to celebrate his 1million followers on his Instagram platform. He talked about the many advises given him before he decided to open an Instagram account and the many endorsements that came his way even after he was told it will be difficult for him to attain such success without the usual purchasing of ghost followers on the platform but he decided to go with his guts. Read below what he wrote;

"When I was told to open an Instagram account and reactivate my other social media accounts, I didn't want to but because I also wanted a place where I could engage my fans I decided to. In no time I started getting offers from social media " guru" who offered to grow my "follower-ship" with  snap of their fingers and boost my online rating, so "brands and products would kill themselves over me". Offers that were hard to resist, but when I sat with my team and reviewed, we found out these " gurus" often purchased faceless followers, likes and even comments, so I asked myself if I wanted to be a sensation borne out of falsified popularity. I weighed the options between quick internet fame, the money that came with it and being sincere by letting my true personality grow my accounts. I settled for the latter. "Ah, Bros e go hard for you to get endorsements o if you no get reach 1 million followers"... "Just buy, everybody dey do am" were some of the arguments I heard but in my heart I knew it couldn't be everyone and even if it were I wouldn't, I thought to  myself, after all , I didn't get my Glo deal by how much internet fame I had.
At way less than 200k plus followers, i got a call from Heineken and went to Vegas for the 007 Spyfie Experience. At way less than 1 million followers, Johnnie Walker snatched me up and with my less than 1 million followers, I turned down countless endorsement, influencer and ambassadorial offers.
Slowly but surely, mg followers grew, I didn't have to create a scandal, deny my faith or be politically correct. I did not have to pay for one follower , like or comment. I  did not even know I had a million followers till yesterday at the office when my creative Team Lead pointed it out.
Today, I humbly but proudly thank my 1million real followers for being the best anyone could ever ask for. I am indeed reminded that you don't have to do it because everyone is doing it and "doing it" doesn't guarantee that you will make it because the race is indeed not to the swift but it is The Lord that shows mercy. Be Still and #LetGodElevateYou #ElevateWithRMD #DoNotConform#KeepWalking"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ENTERTAINMENT: BEYONCE LOOKING BRIGHTER THAN THE STARS AT THE TIDAL BENEFIT CONCERT IN NEW YORK

FASHION: BLACK MALE MODEL SHOWS OFF HIS godly BODY IN NEW PHOTOS