ENTERTAINMENT: BLOGGING IS MORE LUCRATIVE THAN BANKING - LAILA IJEOMA, CEO, LAILASBLOG

Blogging in Nigeria has become a lucrative business for writers and journalists alike, living in a country where unemployment rate is higher than the annual  budget. Many Nigerians who are either tired with long hours jobs that pays only stipend for salary or those who are still groping in the labour market for means to survive in hash economic, has deviate to other means to make a living by working online and blogging. And for some, it is out of passion they have that lands them in the blogsphere.

Here is one very watery example of a blogger who quit her banking job to start blogging full time, one of the toughest decision she has to make, she said. Laila Ijeoma, CEO, lailasblog, was recently interviewed by Vanguard Saturday Woman and below is the excerpts from that interview.

Excerpts: - 

In the Nigerian blogosphere, Laila Ijeoma commands a lot of respect, not just because she owns www.LailasBlog.com; an entertainment website that reports trending Nigerian news read by millions monthly.
On June 30, 2016, Laila took a bold step of abandoning her over N5million per annum bank job to become a full time entertainment blogger; risking everything to take a gamble on her passion.
She traded her lucrative job to pursue what was still at that time, just a hobby she was passionate about, but today, the decision has become one of her best turning points.
In a chat with Vanguard Saturday Woman, she says she has no regrets a year after taking this huge leap of faith as she now has all the time to focus on her family and continue to grow her blog even bigger.
Why did you dump your bank job for fulltime blogging?
I started blogging as a joke in 2012; I wasn’t looking for money because I was already gainfully employed at that time. All I wanted was an outlet to share my life with Nigerians, inspire them with my stories. So I started a Facebook group called, ‘True love for my man’- that should be around 2010. That was the first social media account I used to gather people together and we chatted about love and heartbreak.
My big dream had always been to have a top Nigerian talk show, so I later started a show on radio. I eventually had to put it on hold because it was so demanding. Being married, a mum to 3 boys, working at the bank, there was a lot to do in just 24 hours every day and the whole schedule nearly ‘killed’ me, so I had to drop the radio show.

Read More


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ENTERTAINMENT: BEYONCE LOOKING BRIGHTER THAN THE STARS AT THE TIDAL BENEFIT CONCERT IN NEW YORK

FASHION: BLACK MALE MODEL SHOWS OFF HIS godly BODY IN NEW PHOTOS