NEWS: ONE CHANCE EPISODE, 3 CRIMINALS ARRESTED FOR ROBBING A PASSENGER


Operatives of the zonal intervention squad, Abeokuta, Ogun state have arrested a three-man syndicate for allegedly robbing a passenger in Itori area of the state.

PunchMetro gathered that the suspects, Seun Ademosu, Segun Akinde and Kayode Sokunbi usually drove around the community looking for their victims.
A police source said the modus operandi of the suspects after picking their victim was to stop on an isolated road saying the vehicle had developed fault or someone's finger is stuck to the door.
He explained that the unsuspecting passenger would then be robbed of his or her valuables and abandoned on the road side while the suspects drove away.

He said "One Mrs Kehinde Oluwaferanmi was robbed of 100,000 naira on October 12 after one of the robbers raised an alarm that his finger was stuck to the door, the woman did not know they have removed her money in the bad.
She reported to the ZIS. After investigation Akinde and Sokunbi were arrested. They confessed to the crime but said their gang leader, Ademosu, who was still at large, was with the money"

However, the 28 year old, Ademosu gave differentl version of the story saying he was innocent of the crime.
He said "some local government officials flagged down the cab and said they wanted to arrest some robbers and I should assist them, immediately we got to a complex they went inside and picked two of these men(Akinde and Sokunbi). From the council, the officials asked me to drive them to the police station where they handed them over to the police. Three days later I took two passengers at Abule Oko and they said they were heading for Papalanto, when I got there they said i should take them to Itori. When other passenger dropped at the last bus stop, the two passengers said I should wait for them and they would return to pay me. When they didn't return on time, I became anxious and asked people around where they were. One of the passengers emerged from the complex and asked if I knew her, I said I had just carried her and was waiting to be paid my 200 naira fare, she held me by the shirt and said I took 1.4million naira from her. I was shocked, I am working so that I will not steal, why will I involve myself in crim?

However Akinde and Sokunbi insisted that Ademosu was their leader, saying he was lying. Sokunbi said they have gone on two successful operations together.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ENTERTAINMENT: BEYONCE LOOKING BRIGHTER THAN THE STARS AT THE TIDAL BENEFIT CONCERT IN NEW YORK

FASHION: BLACK MALE MODEL SHOWS OFF HIS godly BODY IN NEW PHOTOS